Almost all of us remain busy with our day to day life and have no time to focus on ourselves and our wellbeing. And since we don’t get time for ourselves, we keep falling ill or unwell or suffer from different kinds of ailments such as neck pain, back pain, waist pain, nausea, breathing problems, stomach ache and gastrointestinal problems, etc.
Though there are medicines and treatments available for all such ailments, but do we really need them? The treatments and medicines and doctor’s fee are all costly and I don’t think most of you would like to spend or waste money on them. Then what can we do to save our money and yet get rid of the pains and ailments. The answer is- “Yoga and Meditation”.
Yes my dear ladies and gentlemen, you heard me right. Daily practice of Yoga and meditation can help us recover and get better of pains and chronic ailments. Not just that, their regular practice can also help you transform yourself completely and make you fit both- physically and mentally. Through yogic lifestyle, you can attain complete fitness up to 100% and become immune to chronic ailments. These characteristics will bring complete change in your overall personality.
India- Top hub of Yoga across the World
Yoga has been practiced for tens of thousands of years all over the world in different forms and religions in various countries including India, where it has been practiced and taught by yogis and sages to their pupils and students for over 10,000 years. The styles and techniques of yoga and meditation have been passed on from generation to generation `in India and there are many schools, ashrams and institutions that teach yoga and its different forms. It is due to this particular reason that India is considered as the top “Yoga hub” all over the world. The religious city of Rishikesh which has the serene nature and unparalleled beauty of the majestic Himalayas and the holy and mighty river Ganga that flows across it; is also known for various schools and ashrams that offer many types of yoga training and yoga teacher training courses. It is due to this reason why Rishikesh is considered as “Yoga Capital of the World”. The city of Rishikesh is located in the state of Uttarakhand in north India.
Yoga & it’s 3 Basic Types
Yoga is basically of 3 types namely Classical, Ashtanga and Hatha yoga. Of these, Classical yoga is the oldest form of yoga which includes Yoga Sutras composed by sage Patanjali, a disciple of Adi yogi (Lord Shiva) and consists of aphorisms and expounds the 8-fold path, which has to be memorized. It also includes teachings of Vedanta according to which there is ultimate unity in the cosmic world. Meanwhile Ashtanga yoga includes a practice of various yoga postures with synchronized breathing, meant for building core muscles and toning down the body. In the end, comes Hatha Yoga which means a practice of 6 limbs that are defined as asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana and samādhi. Hatha yoga also includes discipline, asanas (postures), shat kriya (purification procedures), hastha mudra (hand gestures), pranayama (breathing techniques), and dhyaan (meditation).
Ways of how yoga & meditation will transform you
Yoga can bring complete transformation unto its daily practitioner. Here are some of its transforming benefits:-
- Its regular practice helps in strengthening physical strength and core muscles.
- It also helps improve memory and brain functioning.
- It is a complete fitness program achieved through pranayama (breathing techniques) and yoga postures.
- It helps release stress and dissolves tensions stored in one’s body and mind.
- Through meditation, it focuses on living in the present, and not bothering about future or thinking of the past.
- Yoga makes the mind calm and peaceful.
- Through postures like sun salutation (Surya Namaskar) and breathing techniques like Kapalbhati, yoga helps in loosing extra weight.
- It increases immunity against chronic diseases and increases stamina.
- Yoga increases muscles and increases one’s energy levels of the body. While doing yoga, our body is stretched with every posture we perform, leading to increasing of muscles and higher levels of energy throughout the day.
- Daily practice of yoga strengthens muscles strong and increases flexibility.
- Doing meditation daily increases one’s focus and concentration levels, leading to enhanced intuition abilities of the practitioner.
You can experience all above-mentioned benefits in your body once you start doing yoga daily. With every passing day, you will see yourself transforming on your own, just through the daily practice of yoga and meditation. So why wait? Just start doing it from today.
Author: Yogi Chetan Mahesh